Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Health Tip Of The Day #2!

Over the years I have picked up little ways of saving calories and creating simple, high fiber (and low fat) meals. For me, I have found that dinner is where I would consume most of my calories - full of carbs, fat and completely devoid of fiber.

One of my tricks is Lentil Soup. The average can of lentil soup is around 250-300 and has about 15-17 grams of fiber. In other words, it is just about the healthiest thing you can put in your body!The only problem is the sodium content, however with that much fiber, I wouldn't even think about it. I like to eat lentil soup with high fiber crackers or pretzels. You can also eat a simple side salad (with a low calorie vinaigrette dressing) if you want a little more with the meal.

Try having this combination for lunch or dinner once or twice a week. I promise you, it will make a HUGE difference. Every little step you take to add fiber into your diet, the healthier you will be and the more weight you will lose! :)

Here are my favorite brands of lentil soul and my suggestions for delicious and healthy crackers and pretzels:


Always opt for the low sodium can if it's available!





Bon Appetite! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm having it for dinner right now...wishing you were here to add some goldfish in the mix. Love you, thanks for the yet another great nutrition post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried lentil soup...but I might need to! I make a black bean and quinoa soup that's got quite a bit of protein and fiber with minimal calories. It's also REALLY filling, so I end up not eating as much.

    ReplyDelete